Speccing the format portion of a controller


#1

Hi – I have a hacky work-around for this, but wondered if anyone could
tell
me the canonical way of sending the get/put/etc. portion of a spec with
format information.I guess with something that might look like this:

def do_get
get :index, :format => :xml
end

Cheers,
Doug.


#2

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 5:16 AM, doug livesey removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Hi – I have a hacky work-around for this, but wondered if anyone could tell
me the canonical way of sending the get/put/etc. portion of a spec with
format information.

This is what is in the specs generated by rspec-rails:

request.env[“HTTP_ACCEPT”] = “application/xml”
get :index

HTH,
David


#3

Cheers for that – that’s what I thought was the hacky solution! ;)I’m
now
reassured that I’m not being evil – thanks!
Doug.

2009/2/7 David C. removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#4

On Feb 7, 2009, at 10:00 AM, doug livesey removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Cheers for that – that’s what I thought was the hacky solution! :wink:
I’m now reassured that I’m not being evil – thanks!

Not so fast! It works, and it’s what rspec uses, but that doesn’t make
it good ( as opposed to evil ).

I’d add support for something friendlier, but maybe it really belongs
in rails proper.


#5

Well, I can guarantee that it’s better than any home-grown solution I
would
attempt, so I’ll be happy w/ that for now! ;)Cheers again,
Doug.

2009/2/7 David C. removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#6

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 3:16 AM, doug livesey removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:.

def do_get
get :index, :format => “xml”
end

should work. Notice it’s a string instead of symbol.

Pat


#7

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Pat M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 3:16 AM, doug livesey removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:.

def do_get
get :index, :format => “xml”
end

should work. Notice it’s a string instead of symbol.

I should change the gen’d specs then. That’s simpler, ay?


#8

Groovy!Cheers,
Doug.

2009/2/7 David C. removed_email_address@domain.invalid