I have a very complex regex requirement and need some hand here. I can
do only very basic regex.
I need to do the following
add <symbol f|s i|p|e h|l number >
- has to be either of the following strings add , modify
- followed by any word composed of string or number
- followed by one of the 2 letters f,s
- followed by either one or more of the letters i,p,e
- followed by of letters followed by number. the letters can be
either h or l and the number can be decimal or round number.
for eg. h and/or l
appreciate any help here.
well since you can describe it in english alright…
break it down… these aren’t all exactly to your specs–it’s less
specific, just a start
(I would consider not even using a regular expression here…)
- \S+ (any non-whitespace, not exact)
- [hl] [.0-9]+
Combined, something like:
Of course, this ignores < and >.
But, oww, my head…
“Some people, when confronted with a problem, think “I know, I’ll use
regular expressions.” Now they have two problems.” – Jamie Zawinski