This question may asked so many times. I google about it and got lots of
discuss generally. After reading all of them, I go to
a conclusion is choose the framework which your understand to it is the
most. But we are willing to lean new language or framrwork to make our
So we need some advices to determine which framework we should go with.
I’m posting here, hope
someone can give some advice from real experience when working with ROR
some PHP Framework.
We are developing a web application (it somehows likes a file management
sytem with multi users, drag and drop user interface,…). Our
is really a back-end for a system which runs on embedded device. We
are in progress to determine a “good” framework for our need.
- Build a business web application.
- Easy to maintain, update.
- Easy to scalable.
- Easy to separate test& live environment.
- Great performance. (We have like 1000 devices is getting data via
- Easy to deployment.
- It already has a many components/modules for general purpose such as:
ACL, Authentication, Uploading, Picture processing,…
- Have a great community behind the framework to support for it.
- Unit testing.
One thing I notice, code in Ror is very short. To do the same purpose,
can just use some line of code in ROR compare
to PHP. This is better for us. Also we want to use AGILE method in our
project. The reason is our product keeps
changing to meet to the need of customer. So I think AGILE method is
than for us than WATERFALL method.