I have uploaded a patch to the rubyforge project site. You can see it
Here is the blurb if you don’t have time to check it out.
This patch is a further development of the current Socket classes.
- The methods in the all the Socket classes, except for Socket itself,
- The classes have been moved into a subfolder of the IronRuby.Libraries
project in line with other “library” classes such as Digest.
- The SocketError class has been implemented.
- Various Errno:: classes still need to be implemented since the not all
Socket errors come back as SocketError exceptions!
- Various conversion methods have been abstracted, such as
ConvertToHost and so on. These are stored in BasicSocket.cs
Some initial Socket RSpec files have been moved into the
/trunk/tests/ironruby/specs/library/socket folder. Particularly the
UDPSocket folder has some runnable tests.
The spec_runner.rb file has been modified to allow rake rspec and rake
to run these files. The general format is to use : colons to separate
folders in order to run non-core specs. For example:
rake rspec library:socket:udpsocket - fail
Will run all the specs in the