$skip_cache define home page

I understand how to skip cache on cookies, POST, query strings, urls
containing string etc

But how do you define the home page itself in $skip_cache please?

Posted at Nginx Forum:
http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,257535,257535#msg-257535

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 06:35:31AM -0400, carnagel wrote:

Hi there,

I understand how to skip cache on cookies, POST, query strings, urls
containing string etc

How do you skip cache on urls containing strings?

But how do you define the home page itself in $skip_cache please?

What url or urls is “the home page”?

f

Francis D. [email protected]

Francis D. Wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 06:35:31AM -0400, carnagel wrote:

Hi there,

I understand how to skip cache on cookies, POST, query strings, urls
containing string etc

How do you skip cache on urls containing strings?

Don’t cache uris containing the following segments

if ($request_uri ~*
“/wp-admin/|/xmlrpc.php|wp-.*.php|/feed/|index.php|sitemap(_index)?.xml”)
{
set $skip_cache 1;
}

But how do you define the home page itself in $skip_cache please?

What url or urls is “the home page”?

the root website page http://www.mysite.com/

f

Francis D. [email protected]


nginx mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.nginx.org/mailman/listinfo/nginx

I guess another way of asking my question “How do I define bypass
fastcgi
cache on a page with no url string, ie: the root website page?”

Posted at Nginx Forum:
http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,257535,257806#msg-257806

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 07:41:57PM -0400, carnagel wrote:

Francis D. Wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 06:35:31AM -0400, carnagel wrote:

Hi there,

I understand how to skip cache on cookies, POST, query strings, urls
containing string etc

How do you skip cache on urls containing strings?

Don’t cache uris containing the following segments

if ($request_uri ~*
“/wp-admin/|/xmlrpc.php|wp-.*.php|/feed/|index.php|sitemap(_index)?.xml”) {
set $skip_cache 1;
}

If that works, then

if ($request_uri = “/”) {
set $skip_cache 1;
}

should work the same way.

I guess another way of asking my question “How do I define bypass fastcgi
cache on a page with no url string, ie: the root website page?”

location = / {
# the configuration here is for the root website page
}

f

Francis D. [email protected]

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs