Alright, things are really looking clumsy for me and this upgrade, so I
reaching out. I read the issues for upgrading on the ruby weblog, but I
really didn’t find “clear” answers to the upgrade problems, so I am
out for help.
I have compiled a list of questions… if I am missing any please be kind
add to them.
Current Environment = "
gem_plugin 0.2.2" (need anything else let me know)
I installed rails 1.1.6 using “gem install -v 1.1.6”
When I attempt to upgrade to 1.2.2 so much stuff breaks that I don’t
know where to start. My unit tests fail, I can’t start mongrel/web
get actionmailer No Method Errors… ( see below for it )
1)Is it easier to do a fresh install of rails using a different path?
2)What dependency issues can I expect?
3)What will and will probably break (with the noted env above)
4) Why am I so confused by this upgrade when others were so painless?
5) Is the gem_require warning fixed? How do I fix it?
6) after install of rails 1.2.2 is it necessary to run “gem update
7)Do I need to explicitly set my RAILS_VERSION in environment.rb?
8) Do I need to upgrade rake?
9) Will you please be so kind to help me, since I am broken?
Thanks for your time.
method_missing': undefined methodsmtp_settings=’ for