Shift from mongrel to webrick

Hi Everyone

I have installed mongrel gem and in my dev I can able to run my app on
mongrel but If I want to shift to webrick how can I shift easily with
out
uninstalling the mongrel gem

Thanks in advance

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:01 AM, honey ruby [email protected]
wrote:

I have installed mongrel gem and in my dev I can able to run my app on
mongrel but If I want to shift to webrick how can I shift easily with out
uninstalling the mongrel gem

That depends on how you have mongrel running and I definitely would
not shift to webrick, webrick is not a production ready server, of
course it’s getting better over the years but there are certainly more
robustly designed solutions like Puma and the always seems to be
favored Unicorn.

Thanks Jordon for your quick response I agree with you but I want to
know
is do we have any other way to shift the to shift from mongrel to
webrick
with out uninstall the mongrel gem. If we uninstall the gem rails will
pick
webrick by default I knew that. Wanna know is there any other
alternative
for this thing

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM, honey ruby [email protected]
wrote:

do we have any other way to shift the to shift from mongrel to webrick

Let’s see: I have a command rails server and I wonder if there are
command options. Oh, how about I try rails server --help


Hassan S. ------------------------ [email protected]
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan

Thanks Jordon it worked.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM, honey ruby [email protected]
wrote:

Thanks Jordon for your quick response I agree with you but I want to know is
do we have any other way to shift the to shift from mongrel to webrick with
out uninstall the mongrel gem. If we uninstall the gem rails will pick
webrick by default I knew that. Wanna know is there any other alternative
for this thing

The option is: rails s
So: rails s webrick

On 4 September 2013 16:01, honey ruby [email protected]
wrote:

I need some good tutorials to learn rails3 with detail any suggestions

As always, railstutorial.org which is free to use online, though I see
this was suggested to you (by myself and others) in August 2012,
February 2012, December 2011 and August 2011

Colin

I need some good tutorials to learn rails3 with detail any suggestions
plz…

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs