Shameless plug of my web 2.0 app

Apologies if this is out of place. I just wanted to mention to the
list that I’ve completed my first Rails app and wanted to show it to
you guys. The site is The Best Stuff in the World! which you can
reach here: http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/

Any thoughts would be great, I can be reached at [email protected]

I’ve been lurking here for a little while, and well, it has been a
great resource and help for me. I just wanted to say thanks to you
guys. Rails has been fun to program in, coming from a WebObjects/Java/
PHP5 Refugee.

All the best.

Adrian DeWitts
http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/

Sweet site :slight_smile:

On 5/22/06 11:50 PM, “Adrian DeWitts” [email protected] wrote:

PHP5 Refugee.

All the best.

Adrian DeWitts
http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/


Rails mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails

Nathaniel S. H. Brown                        http://nshb.net

Adrian DeWitts wrote:

Apologies if this is out of place. I just wanted to mention to the
list that I’ve completed my first Rails app and wanted to show it to
you guys. The site is The Best Stuff in the World! which you can
reach here: http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/

definitely web2.0, definitely 43things inspired, definitely hot. i’m
digging it so far. now i can declare myself cyberking of good taste and
rule all lands… err

so yeah, groovy!

-A

Are you a hired developer for the site, or is the site and concept
yours?

Excellent site, Adrian.

Steve
http://www.smarkets.net
http://www.trivionomy.com (not yet launched)

Bill Edstrom, Jr. wrote:

Are you a hired developer for the site, or is the site and concept
yours?

Hi Bill.

The design/css was done by a Luke Wong (my biz partner), and the concept
was both Luke’s and myself. The coding was done by me. I really
appreciate the support by you guys, its been overwhelming.

Thanks so much.

Adrian

Excellent site. Very fun. I added it to my web2.0 list. Check it out
and submit changes if I got something wrong. (And rate yourself 10 :wink:
http://web2.0interact.com/site/thebeststuffintheworld

On 5/23/06, Adrian DeWitts [email protected] wrote:

PHP5 Refugee.

All the best.

Adrian DeWitts
http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/


Rails mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails

Jón Borgþórsson wrote:

Excellent site. Very fun. I added it to my web2.0 list. Check it out
and submit changes if I got something wrong. (And rate yourself 10 :wink:
http://web2.0interact.com/site/thebeststuffintheworld

On 5/23/06, Adrian DeWitts [email protected] wrote:

PHP5 Refugee.

All the best.

Adrian DeWitts
http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/


Rails mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails

Hi Jón,

I really appreciate it. Cool site by the way!

Adrian

Very nice site! One minor typo: When you write “One person think’s that
24 is better” it should be “thinks”.

Great site, congratulations!

-elan