Shameless Hype for Ruby Stuff Goodness


#1

RubyStuf.com, the premiere place for Ruby stuff, has some new, um,
stuff.

http://www.rubystuff.com/

Profoundly inspired by a series of ruby-talk threads on just how
“dangerous” is Ruby comes “Ruby: You’ll shoot your eye out” shirts an
mugs:

http://www.cafepress.com/ruby_dangerous
http://www.cafepress.com/rubyshootout

(A big shout-out to David K. for the artwork.)

There’s also some sort-of-new (i.e., insufficiently hyped) stuff:

Know someone jonesin’ for some less-than-healthy language?

Get them to the proper rehab clinic:

http://www.cafepress.com/pythonrehab
http://www.cafepress.com/perlrehab
http://www.cafepress.com/javarehab

Getting ready for the upcoming, country-straddling, Rails extravaganzas?

Be the best-dressed person there with spiffatronic Rails apparel:

http://www.cafepress.com/rubyonrailsshop

Got 'em in black, too:

http://www.cafepress.com/rubyonrailsshop.39896892

See all the available Ruby Stuff designs:

http://www.rubystuff.com/shoplist.html

Read about Ruby Stuff here:

http://www.rubystuff.com/about.html

$$$ raised from Ruby Stuff sales go to help pay for ruby-doc.org.

Endless thanks to all those who have already purchased stuff.


James B.

“A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is
not worth knowing.”

  • A. Perlis

#2

On Feb 18, 2006, at 7:41 PM, James B. wrote:

RubyStuf.com, the premiere place for Ruby stuff, has some new, um,
stuff.

http://www.rubystuff.com/

I’m still holding out for the reworked poster of (most of) the core
classes. Though the thong is tempting.


Jason P.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

“The computer allows you to make mistakes
faster than any other invention, with the
possible exception of handguns and tequila.”


#3

Jason P. wrote:

I’m still holding out for the reworked poster of (most of) the core
classes. Though the thong is tempting.

Hmmm. I do need to revisit that project. It’s not on my Top 10 list
of things to do right now though.

How about a thong with the Ruby code classes on it?

Hal


#4

On Feb 19, 2006, at 1:13 PM, Hal F. wrote:

Jason P. wrote:

I’m still holding out for the reworked poster of (most of) the
core classes. Though the thong is tempting.

Hmmm. I do need to revisit that project. It’s not on my Top 10 list
of things to do right now though.

How about a thong with the Ruby code classes on it?

I’d be all for that, but it would probably generate a harassment
complaint if I were to hang a thong on the wall of my cube.


Jason P.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

“The computer allows you to make mistakes
faster than any other invention, with the
possible exception of handguns and tequila.”