Hi all. I’ve got an interesting one. I’m testing out a servlet
filter that will handle SSO for a rails app. The filter is triggered
dynamically when a certain http status is emitted from the rails app.
Once the filter is triggered, it needs to alter the response status
and headers of the original rails http response. However, it appears
that the rails servlet (goldspike) closes the output stream which
prevents a servlet filter from altering the response. If I test it
the filter with a non rails based app (jsp, servlet), it works as
I haven’t tested this with Nick’s rack servlet yet, but I assume I’ll
get the same results.