Senior Ruby on Rails Backend Engineer
- jobandtalent - Madrid (Spain)
Who are we?
We will change forever the way people find the job they love. Job search
sucks. We are turning around the industry by matching people with
jobs automatically so they will never miss a great job opportunity
We recently raised a further $25M from top VC investors to accelerate
growth and global expansion further.
jobandtalent is growing, and it’s growing fast. We already have over
million users, and we are aiming for 10 million users worldwide, by the
of the year.
How we work
At jobandtalent we strive to create a work environment based on trust,
transparency, team collaboration and continuous improvement of our
collective skill set.
We like building things and solving problems. And we try very hard to
provide the best tools and environment to solve those problems.
Our teams are small, multidisciplinary, and product focused. We take a
lean approach at improving jobandtalent and achieving our goals. We keep
bureaucracy out of the equation and always choose metrics-backed
How we have fun
A great working environment and how well we get along is what everybody
notices when they first come into our offices.
And we want to keep it that way as we grow as a company: by organizing
regular team events, including yearly offsites (last one in Marbella);
hosting our increasingly common Pizza Fridays or setting up and
The JT Football Teams.
But basically we have fun every day, enjoy our work, and add fun as a
factor to everything we do.
Who are you?
We‘re looking for people with:
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and
- At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails,
- BA/BS or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience.
And this skill set would make you an ideal candidate:
- You have worked on front-end web technologies (i.e. HTML, CSS,
- You’re a programming language polyglot and learn new languages and
tools for fun and profit, but always choosing the right tool for the
(we like Ruby, Go, Scala, Erlang, …).
- You know your way through Linux servers and app deployments.
- You are very familiar with relational databases and modelling (we
and love Postgres). You “respect” them at scale and cache everything.
- You’ve used non relational (NoSQL) databases or at least they are
your radar (we use Redis and DynamoDB).
- You master git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at
If you are interested in working with us, please email us your CV at