Job Category: Internet
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Company Name: TeamPages Inc.
City: Vancouver, BC
TeamPages.com is a venture-backed company seeking a skilled, driven,
and experienced Senior Developer to join our 4-person team in our
downtown Vancouver office. We are a fast paced, Web 2.0 company that
enables sports teams, leagues and athletes to manage their athletic
schedules and communication online. We have a small, energetic team
with an intense focus on execution and customer value. Our developers
practice agile development methodologies while working in Ruby on
We provide great benefits…
• A highly competitive base salary with aggressive bonus incentives.
• Three weeks of personal vacation.
• Excellent medical and dental insurance provided at zero cost to
• Attractive stock options.
…and a great working environment:
• You’ll be part of a team of top-notch professionals with exceptional
experience and academic backgrounds.
• We allow for flexible schedules, defining work hours in ways that
make sense for you and the company.
• An office at a convenient location in downtown Vancouver (Yaletown -
1112 Mainland St.)
The Senior Developer will be responsible for supporting two of the
chief development initiatives: enhancing site navigation and creating
new user interface designs. This person will be a key player working
with both the development and executive team in the planning and
programming many features critical to existing and new web
applications. A TeamPages Senior Developer is someone that loves to
write code, yet has an eye for design. This position will report
directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Responsibilities will include:
• Produce high-quality Ruby Code
• Craft CSS and HTML to produce good-looking standards compliant web
• Adjust backend services as required
• Communicate clearly with customers and staff
• Mentor less experienced team members
• Respond to other daily challenges as they arise
Required qualifications and skills:
• A Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related experience
• 5 years experience as a developer
• At least 2 years experience in a web programming language
• SQL experience, preferably with MySQL
• HTML and CSS mastery
• The ability to take initiative, solve problems, and communicate
• Analytical and quantitative skills
• Specific experience with building traffic and sources of revenue for
consumer websites and portals.
• A successful track record of developing market ready web
• Experience and passion for sports and recreation an asset
TeamPages.com values creativity, enthusiasm, intelligence and
precision. Each member of our team exemplifies this through a variety
• A cross disciplinary approach to product development
• Every team member, regardless of job description, is ultimately part
of the marketing team – building a great product that is useful to
• Open and candid dialog
• Constantly improving our skills through books, blogs, conferences,
seminars, and mentors
• Professional excellence
• Work-life balance
• Emphasis on rapid market validation to ensure that features are
useful to our visitors.
We Want to Hear From You!
We believe that this role at TeamPages.com is a fantastic opportunity
for the right individual. Are you a skilled professional with a
strong work ethic? Do you want to work with top-notch people who are
dedicated to producing the best product possible? If so we want to
hear from you.
Please direct all inquiries and resumes to [email protected],
attention Adam Palmblad. Please include salary expectations in the