Morning/Evening/Afternoon - depending on where you are in the world!
Ten days ago I decided to start using Ruby, Ruby on Rails and Selenium
RC. My motivation is to secure a position at a company and they needed
me to know this so I could write Ruby test scripts and run them from
I’ve managed to do this but just cannot find a way to generate logs of
results of the tests in a friendly format. The only feedback I get from
Selenium RC is in the command window which generates just basic
I have looked into Rspec reporting and even downloaded a tutorial from:
but it didn’t really help me understand how to generate reports using
what I have. To summarise I have done the following:
- Written a test script in Selenium IDE
- Exported the test to Ruby
- Tweaked the Ruby file where necessary to generate the test steps I
- Insatalled Selenium RC, run the Sel RC server, then run my Ruby file
from the CMD window
- Succesfully run the test, watched test runner go through the motions
as well as the FF browser go through the test
- Achieved a log in the CMD window
But I just don’t understand how to get a decent log report.
Can anyone help? I have spent days trying to cobble together various
bits from the net!!
Thanks in advance for any help that gets me the result I am after!