Seg faults and problems with new version

Hi all,
first off, it’s 2AM and I’m not thinking properly, so please
forgive me if this one’s easy, but I just need to get this going.

First problem, using 0.9.6 on all of our development machines,

works great, then we move it to a server running x86_64 linux and it
segfaults as soon as it tries to create an Index. I’ve tried
rebuilding with different optimization flags, to no avail. So I
figured, hey, let’s upgrade to 0.10.x and see how that goes. So I
updated to the latest gem of ferret, and switched over to the stable
tagged branch of acts_as_ferret, but now I get the following:

Person.rebuild_index
NoMethodError: undefined method exists?' for {:index=>:yes, :term_vector=>:no, :store=>:no, :boost=>1.0}:Hash from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ferret/index/field_infos.rb:20:ininitialize’
from
./script/…/config/…/config/…/vendor/plugins/acts_as_ferret/lib/class_methods.rb:166:in
`rebuild_index’
from (irb):1

Any thoughts? I don’t want to start going into the code and messing
with stuff in the acts_as_ferret plugin, because I’m sure it must be
working for others, and I’m just doing something stupid…so what am I
doing wrong?

Cheers,
Jordan

Hey …

First problem, using 0.9.6 on all of our development machines,
works great, then we move it to a server running x86_64 linux and it
segfaults as soon as it tries to create an Index. I’ve tried

We had some problems with 0.9.x on x86_64 as well, but
it is running very stable on 0.10.x now… So I guess you shouldn’t
use 0.9.x anymore…
Not sure about the AAF issue, though… But i guess you should try
to get the latest svn version of the plugin. Jens is currently updating
the code to match the latest version of ferret.

Ben

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 02:16:59AM -0400, Jordan F. wrote:

tagged branch of acts_as_ferret, but now I get the following:

Person.rebuild_index
NoMethodError: undefined method `exists?’ for {:index=>:yes,
:term_vector=>:no, :store=>:no, :boost=>1.0}:Hash
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ferret/index/field_infos.rb:20:in

that field_infos.rb seems to belong to an older version of Ferret. Mine
(0.10.11) doesn’t call exists? anywhere.

I think I’ve seen that problem before, you should check where your gem
install command installed ferret to, and if you have lying around an
older version in /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby (that location doesn’t look
like a gem repository anyway).

Jens


webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH www.webit.de
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer [email protected]
Schnorrstraße 76 Tel +49 351 46766 0
D-01069 Dresden Fax +49 351 46766 66

Yeah, it definitely was some old version kicking around. I deleted
that, got the latest and greatest version of Ferret and the aaf
plugin, and it all seems to work great now. Time to put it through the
irons and see if the new version is as stable on x86_64 as the old
version was on plain old 32-bit Linux. Thanks for the speedy response,
you guys saved the day as usual.

Cheers,
Jordan F.
[email protected]

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs