Seg fault when installing Rails

Ubuntu Fiesty

[email protected]:/home/joe/tmp/rubygems-0.9.4# gem install rails
–include-dependencies
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/yaml.rb:133: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13) [i686-linux]

Aborted
[email protected]:/home/joe/tmp/rubygems-0.9.4#

Any idea why?

Any super-secret Ruby / RubyGems / Rails dependencies I should know
about?

On Sep 18, 2007, at 19:11 , Jarrod M. wrote:

Any idea why?

Did you install the ruby-dev package?

– Mitch

Mitch P. wrote:

On Sep 18, 2007, at 19:11 , Jarrod M. wrote:

Any idea why?

Did you install the ruby-dev package?

– Mitch

Are you referring to liberuby and liberuby-dev? Yes. To no avail. I also
installed build-essential and autoconf.

E

On Sep 19, 2007, at 01:39 , Jarrod M. wrote:

Are you referring to liberuby and liberuby-dev? Yes. To no avail. I
also
installed build-essential and autoconf.

There’s another one missing then - but I can’t find my debian notes,
all I have is OS X argh! If I find them, I’ll send them over. There
was a tutorial on the web that mentioned all the packages that were
needed for rails to work properly on debian, will look for that URL too.

– Mitch

Mitch P. wrote:

On Sep 19, 2007, at 01:39 , Jarrod M. wrote:

Are you referring to liberuby and liberuby-dev? Yes. To no avail. I
also
installed build-essential and autoconf.

There’s another one missing then - but I can’t find my debian notes,
all I have is OS X argh! If I find them, I’ll send them over. There
was a tutorial on the web that mentioned all the packages that were
needed for rails to work properly on debian, will look for that URL too.

– Mitch

Thanks for the info. I’ll try some more Googling. There are Ruby and
RubyGems packages of course, but only Ruby 1.8.5, and the RubyGems one
is broken I’ve heard. So I’m trying to install everything by building
from source.

E

I gave up on rails with ubuntu for precisely this reason. Good luck…
I’ll be watching for a resolution on this.

Dave S. wrote:

I gave up on rails with ubuntu for precisely this reason. Good luck…
I’ll be watching for a resolution on this.

Yes, Ruby on Ubuntu – strange that it’s so difficult. If I find a
reliable answer I’ll follow up.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs