Scrubyt anyone?

Hi,

Are any of you using scrubyt?

Scrubyt has a forum but it seems near death.

But, this mail-list has a good group of very sharp and knowledgeable
rubyists.

I have installed the scrubyt demos:

  • git clone git://github.com/scrubber/scrubyt_examples.git

I tried this one:

$ ruby ruby_quiz_189.rb
/pt/r1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/scrubyt-0.4.1/lib/scrubyt/core/scraping/
filters/download_filter.rb:19:in
download_file': undefined methodinclude?’ for nil:NilClass
(NoMethodError)
from /pt/r1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/scrubyt-0.4.1/lib/scrubyt/
core/scraping/filters/download_filter.rb:8:in
evaluate' from /pt/r1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/scrubyt-0.4.1/lib/scrubyt/ core/scraping/pattern.rb:250:inevaluate’

I’d welcome any hints on how to debug ruby_quiz_189.rb so it will run.

scrubyt depends on some other gems:

hpricot
mechanize

Here is what I have:

$ gem list hpricot

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

hpricot (0.6.164)

$ gem list mechanize

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

mechanize (0.9.3)

Thanks!

Hi,

which ruby version are you using?
I had (and have) massive problems using 1.9
and scrubyt. I submitted a series of small fixes
to scrubyt on the Google G. list, but they
don’t seem to be in the latest github version.
After those fixes it seems mechanize/nokogiri
does not play well with 1.9 and scrubyt.

Good luck.

Audrey A Lee schrieb:

Could you be more specific about what problems you are seeing with
Mechanize/Nokogiri? Both libraries successfully pass their test suites
on
1.9.

I’m unable to make scrubyt’s 6 tests pass on any version of Ruby.

On Sep 17, 2009, at 05:39 , Mike D. wrote:

Could you be more specific about what problems you are seeing with
Mechanize/Nokogiri? Both libraries successfully pass their test
suites on
1.9.

I’m unable to make scrubyt’s 6 tests pass on any version of Ruby.

HAHAHA! You noticed that too!?!?

OMG I love you.

Ok, so this seems to be a problem of scrubyt, then. I only
tried ruby 1.9 and could not make the test pass.
After some fiddling with scrubyts code, the error came deep
from inside mechanize, as far as I recall, something like
an unexpected nil running loose.
So I put the blame to mechanize, seems that was too fast.
The fixes I introduced were mainly 1.9 specific things, like the
usage of jcode and case syntax.

To quote my post to the google groups list:

  1. /scrubyt/utils/simple_example_lookup.rb:18: syntax error,
    unexpected $end, expecting ‘)’
    text.gsub!(’»’, ‘»’)
    Solution: insert “#coding UTF-8” at the top of the file
  2. /scrubyt/core/navigation/agents/firewatir.rb:52: syntax error,
    unexpected ‘:’, expecting keyword_then or ‘,’ or ‘;’ or
    ‘\n’ (SyntaxError)
    when ‘file’: @@agent.goto(“file://”+ @@cu
    Solution: replace “:” —> “then”

Afterwards the tests still fail with 6 errors.

Thorsten

Mike D. schrieb:

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs