Scanning whole spectrum using TVRX

Dear All,

I have a TVRX board, and am trying to do some experiments with it. My
requirement is to scan the entire spectrum (50MHz - 860MHz), and dump
the
samples for processing using MATLAB. At a time, I am sensing 250KHz of
spectrum (decimation 256), and I am collecting 10,000 samples (40 ms
sensing
time).

My initial take was to call usrp_rx_cfile.py multiple times, each time
passing in a different frequency. However, this approach takes around 15
minutes to scan the entire range (I assume it is due to the overheads).
Is
there any way I could make this faster?

Regards,
Anand

Hope this also helps

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/169964#new

If you are building a temepest/van eck phreaker, I like to join too :slight_smile:

Regards
Sreeraj R
http://conzole.net/sree_blog/

I have a TVRX board, and am trying to do some experiments with it. My
requirement is to scan the entire spectrum (50MHz - 860MHz), and dump
the samples for processing using MATLAB. At a time, I am sensing 250KHz
of spectrum (decimation 256), and I am collecting 10,000 samples (40 ms
sensing time).

My initial take was to call usrp_rx_cfile.py multiple times, each time
passing in a different frequency. However, this approach takes around 15
minutes to scan the entire range (I assume it is due to the overheads).
Is there any way I could make this faster?

Regards,
Anand

  Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!

Probably this could help you:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg16469.html

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Anand Padmanabha I.