Scaffold not working like i hoped

Hi:

i’ve tried this on three macs (tiger, panther, etc)… and my ROR is up
to date on each.

My models and controllers aren’t displaying all my mysql db fields.

When I run script/generate scaffold Planner … it builds the
controller, model, and all the rest.

When I go to test the app and new controller, now called planners no
content is listed… and all I ever get is the submit button, and
‘SHOW’, ‘EDIT’ links. I get none of the form to work with, just the
form button.

I noticed that the Views for the controller planners has all
*.html.erb extensions… .i changed them to .rhtml extensions, but
nothing changes.

Nothing is visible… tested in FF, safari…

Any suggestions?

Spud

On Nov 8, 7:18 pm, SpudNerd [email protected] wrote:

Hi:

i’ve tried this on three macs (tiger, panther, etc)… and my ROR is up
to date on each.

My models and controllers aren’t displaying all my mysql db fields.

That’s just the way scaffolding is. I think the old pre 2.x
scaffolding is available as a plugin somewhere.

Fred

Did you run rake db:migrate?

Rick

the more i’m reading here… it looks like scaffold is not built in…
even
though going the generate does create the views, just not a complete
CRUD.
I don’t really care about the CRUD… just the rapid generation of views.

Spud

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Frederick C. <

Yes… i’ve run rake db:migrate.

Scaffolding is still built-in, but it won’t look for existing tables
when it builds the views. You’ve got to list out all your
column_name:column_type pairs on the call to script/generate.

It’s a bummer, but there it is…