Saving the image


#1

Hello,

I try to prepare a upload page and here’s my controller:

def new
if request.post?
begin
@file = params[:img]
if @file.original_filename.length > 0
filename = “/images/userimg/” + @file.original_filename
File.open(filename, “wb”) { |f| f.write(@file.read) }
end
end
end
end

I want the file to be saved into the public/images/userimg folder. but i
get error at runtime: “No such file or directory -
/images/userimg/arrowd.gif”

what can i do for it?


#2

Bahadır Doğan wrote:

I want the file to be saved into the public/images/userimg folder. but i
get error at runtime: “No such file or directory -
/images/userimg/arrowd.gif”

what can i do for it?

You check if you have folder /images/userimg :slight_smile:


#3

I have it: “public/images/userimg”

Do I need to get the real path of that folder?

Jamal S. wrote:

Bahadır Doğan wrote:

I want the file to be saved into the public/images/userimg folder. but i
get error at runtime: “No such file or directory -
/images/userimg/arrowd.gif”

what can i do for it?

You check if you have folder /images/userimg :slight_smile:


#4

On Jul 26, 3:11 am, “Bahadır DoÄŸan” removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:

I have it: “public/images/userimg”

Do I need to get the real path of that folder?

Try:
filename = “#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/images/userimg/” +
@file.original_filename

Be aware that this could be abused. It might be possible for someone
to put …/ in the filename and do something malicious like add a
controller to your application or overwrite your log files.

~Rusty


#5

yes,that’s right:
filename = “#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/images/userimg/” +