Sample fast and upload after

Hi all,
Is it possible with GNURadio to sample at high speed, store the samples
in
FPGA memory, and have the PC retrieve the sample after? We need to
sample at
higher speed than the Ethernet can handle. I’m wondering if this can be
done
without a USRP FPGA code change.

Ben

You would need to modify the FPGA to do this. However, some other
people
have done that and may have code available. Check the email archive on
the
usrp-users list.

Matt

Marc E. has uploaded code for this: https://public.me.com/mepard

I haven’t had time to try it myself yet. I meet people all the time who
think it would be really useful to have this kind of functionality on
both RX and TX.

BR/
Per

You would need to modify the FPGA to do this. However, some other
people have done that and may have code available. Check the email
archive on the usrp-users list.

Matt

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:21 AM,
<[email protected]mailto:[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all,
Is it possible with GNURadio to sample at high speed, store the samples
in FPGA memory, and have the PC retrieve the sample after? We need to
sample at higher speed than the Ethernet can handle. I’m wondering if
this can be done without a USRP FPGA code change.

Ben

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]

It’s out of date, though. We’ve had our system and libraries frozen for
a while as we were finishing a project. I’m in the process of updating
it to the latest UHD and will post when I’m finished.

-Marc