Same file in different apps

Hello G.s,

Is there any way to use same file(model/controllers/views) between two
different applications. If possible then how… ?

Thanks in advance.

On Sep 24, 10:18 am, Hemant B. [email protected] wrote:

Hello G.s,

Is there any way to use same file(model/controllers/views) between two
different applications. If possible then how… ?

You can stick them in a plugin these days (rails 3 also has some
mountable apps stuff)

Fred

Frederick C. wrote:

You can stick them in a plugin these days (rails 3 also has some
mountable apps stuff)

Fred

What plugings ? I am using rails 2.3.2… Can you light me something… :slight_smile:

On Sep 24, 10:27 am, Hemant B. [email protected] wrote:

Frederick C. wrote:

You can stick them in a plugin these days (rails 3 also has some
mountable apps stuff)

Fred

What plugings ? I am using rails 2.3.2… Can you light me something… :slight_smile:

Your own plugin - you write one containing the code you want to share.

Fred

If i’ll write an class/module and then share that class/module using
require/whatever… Will that work?

Frederick C. wrote:

Your own plugin - you write one containing the code you want to share.

Fred

Well say if i need app/models/abc.rb of an existing application ABC into
new application DEF, then what all i need to do? There are so many files
i need to be shared but did’nt have any fair idea how to get it.

So rubians :), please help me on it.

Hemant B. wrote:

If i’ll write an class/module and then share that class/module using
require/whatever… Will that work?

Frederick C. wrote:

Your own plugin - you write one containing the code you want to share.

Fred

Fred’s suggestion is the correct way. Just write a plugin/gem.

Best,
–Â
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs