RVM problem, plz help

Hi, I have this problem:

When I try to install multi-user rvm, and put this:

sudo bash < <(curl -s
https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer
)
in terminal (I have Ubuntu 11.04), I haven’t any output and rvm still no
installed. Why?

On 16/11/11 21:08, “Misha O.” [email protected] wrote:

Hi, I have this problem:

When I try to install multi-user rvm, and put this:

sudo bash < <(curl -s
https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer
)
in terminal (I have Ubuntu 11.04), I haven’t any output and rvm still no
installed. Why?

Try running this in your shell:

user$ type rvm | head -1

If it returns:

rvm is a function

rvm is installed.

Cheers,

Phil...

Phil, it returns:

-bash: type: rvm: not found

On 17/11/11 06:59, “Misha O.” [email protected] wrote:

Phil, it returns:

-bash: type: rvm: not found

Try navigating to the directory where the rvm source files would’ve been
placed by curl if it has indeed been downloaded.

On my machine (Mac OS X) they’re located at /usr/local/rvm/src/rvm

You could try $: find /usr -name rvm -print

Cheers,

Phil...

Do you have installed curl?
If I puts command
man curl
I see the manual. So, I think, curl installed.

Try navigating to the directory where the rvm source files would’ve been
placed by curl if it has indeed been downloaded.
It must be installed to /usr/local (So, I removed rvm before).

So, what’s next?

Do you have installed curl?

On 17/11/11 14:47, “Misha O.” [email protected] wrote:

[snip]

Try navigating to the directory where the rvm source files would’ve been
placed by curl if it has indeed been downloaded.
It must be installed to /usr/local (So, I removed rvm before).

So, what’s next?

$: find /usr/local -name rvm -print

& if it’s, say, in /usr/local/rvm, run:

$: sudo /usr/local/rvm

Cheers,

Phil...

find /usr/local -name rvm -print
Report is nil.

On 17/11/11 15:41, “Misha O.” [email protected] wrote:

find /usr/local -name rvm -print
Report is nil.

In which case it’s probably not installed (you could try find / -name rvm -print to search your entire drive).

Try: http://beginrescueend.com/

Cheers,

Phil...

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 06:08:51AM +0900, Misha O. wrote:

Hi, I have this problem:

When I try to install multi-user rvm, and put this:

sudo bash < <(curl -s
https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer
)
in terminal (I have Ubuntu 11.04), I haven’t any output and rvm still no
installed. Why?

Is there any chance you don’t currently have bash installed on your
machine, or that you aren’t using bash as your default user shell?

In which case it’s probably not installed (you could try find / -name rvm -print to search your entire drive).
I’d said in the start of topic, that’s rvm don’t want to install.

Try: http://beginrescueend.com/
I followed them instructions.

user@comp:~$ sudo bash < <(curl -s
https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer )
user@comp:~$ bash < <(curl -s
https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer )
user@comp:~$

These lines don’t anything!

Is there any chance you don’t currently have bash installed on your
machine, or that you aren’t using bash as your default user shell?
I had happy installing rvm on this machine, but now remove it.
Else I have some troubles with OS and I may change something(maybe bash
work bad or it’s no default).

What happens if you type:
curl
https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer
-o rvm-installer
I get this.

user@comp:~$ curl
https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer
-o rvm-installer
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time
Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left
Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:–
0
curl: (7) couldn’t connect to host

So, I installed RVM.

First I get the rvm installer via:

curl -s https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts >
/rvm-installer
Second, I do sudo bash rvm-installer (which placed in my home folder).

I reboot linux and all OK.

But now other problem: other users can’t see rvm commands.

RVM installed in /usr/local/rvm:

user@comp:~$ ls /usr/local/rvm
archives bin config contrib environments examples gems gemsets >
help hooks lib LICENCE log man patches patchsets README rubies

scripts src tmp user VERSION wrappers