Running Multiple Rails Apps in Developer Machine


#1

Hi. I use a Windows XP system for development. Suppose i am doing a
project in Rails. I am having another application in Rails which is used
to create and view code snippets so that i can copy paste in my other
projects later. Now i need the code snippets application to be running
in background in another port say 3005 so that i can access the code
snippets application while i am developing the project. Is there any way
to do this?

Thank you


#2

Rock R. wrote:

Now i need the code snippets application to be running
in background in another port say 3005 so that i can access the code
snippets application while i am developing the project. Is there any way
to do this?

Thank you

ruby script/server -p 3005


#3

Rock R. wrote:

Ar Chron wrote:

ruby script/server -p 3005

Thank you. But can this server made to run at computer startup itself?

You can run a mongrel_service and configure it to start at startup…

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/wiki/Win32


#4

Ar Chron wrote:

You can run a mongrel_service and configure it to start at startup…

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/wiki/Win32

Thank you. I will try this out


#5

Ar Chron wrote:

ruby script/server -p 3005

Thank you. But can this server made to run at computer startup itself?