Running a Perl script in the background

Hi,
As part of my Rails Application I want the users to be able to start/
stop a perl script in the background… Currently I’ve tried cals
like:
system(“perl perl_script.pl”)
or
perl perl_script.pl

But I believe the server is actually waiting for the task to end… Is
there any way to run a task in the background?

Thanks,
Nitro

Hi Nitro,

You might want to try