Run/Migrate Older Ruby Application (Your Ruby version is 2.5.3 but your Gemfile specified 2.3.1)

I am taking over an app that has not been developed for a few years. Currently the app is on Github and I have a local Ruby on Rails install on my Ubuntu 16.04 box which I have a copy of the master on where I keep running into the following error:Your Ruby version is 2.5.3 but your Gemfile specified 2.3.1 . I have run bundle update and bundle install to no avail please advise.

Hello @nevillesmith,

I suggest you take a look here where you could find a solution in details how to fix it:

Good luck!

Thank you Maniac. That was actually stop number one and it hasnt appeared to resolve the issue but I will look at it again based on your recommendation. Thank you for your response.

If this is not an option again, please describe the whole experience and post the result.

/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in require': cannot load such file -- bundler/setup (LoadError)from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in require’
from /home/nevillesmith/webapp/config/boot.rb:3:in <top (required)>'from bin/rails:7:in require_relative’
from bin/rails:7:in `’