Rubyscript2exe problem with Qt::File


#1

Hi !

I have written a small ruby Qt application under Windows XP. For this I
used the Ruby Qt Binding (
http://vision.eng.shu.ac.uk/mmvlwiki/index.php/Qt4-QtRuby_installer_for_Microsoft_Windows
), Qt version 4.3.4 and Ruby 1.8.6-25.

Now I wanted to create an executable file with the help of the
Rubyscript2exe but it does not work. The error message I get is the
following:
/
D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2exe/require2l
ib.rb:96:in expand_path': can't convert Qt::File into String (TypeError) from D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2 exe/require2lib.rb:96:ingatherlibs’
from
D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2
exe/require2lib.rb:95:in each' from D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2 exe/require2lib.rb:95:ingatherlibs’
from
D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2
exe/require2lib.rb:94:in catch' from D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2 exe/require2lib.rb:94:ingatherlibs’
from
D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2
exe/require2lib.rb:93:in each' from D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2 exe/require2lib.rb:93:ingatherlibs’
from
D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2
exe/require2lib.rb:30
from
D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2
exe/require2lib.rb:151
D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2exe/require2l
ib.rb:151:in require2lib_load': can't convert Qt::File into String (TypeError) from D:/Profile/Markus/LOKALE~1/Temp/tar2rubyscript.d.1512.1/rubyscript2 exe/require2lib.rb:151:inload’
from totdMain.rb:11
Couldn’t execute this command (rc=256):
/
Rubyscript2exe (version 0.5.3) works fine if I remove the parts of my
ruby application that contain the “Qt::File” ( I use it like this :
/main = Qt::UiLoader.new.load(Qt::File.new(“TipOfTheDay.ui”)) /) I
googled but I only found some problems with “frozen strings…”
If someone needs more information please let me know. It would be really
nice to get some help / hints.

Greetings
Markus