Rubypython 0.5.3 Released

rubypython version 0.5.3 has been released!

RubyPython is a bridge between the Ruby and Python interpreters. It
embeds arunning Python interpreter in the Ruby application’s process
using FFI andprovides a means for wrapping, converting, and calling
Python objects andmethods.
RubyPython uses FFI to marshal the data between the Ruby and Python
VMs andmake Python calls. You can:

  • Inherit from Python classes.* Configure callbacks from Python.* Run
    Python generators (on Ruby 1.9.2 or later).
    Changes:

0.5.3 / 2011-10-22* Bug Fixes: * Improved 64-bit Python detection

on Unixes with Linux-like semantics (e.g., …/lib64). Resolves
issue #7 on bitbucket.

0.5.2 / 2011-10-21

  • Minor Enhancements:
    • The traceback for Python exceptions is now returned usefully.
      [raineszm]
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Improved the robustness of Windows DLL detection. Based on work by
      bendoerr, raineszm, and halostatue.

Also, work on rubypython 0.6 has been started and will be in the HEAD
of both the
bitbucket repository and the github repository in near future. Bug
fixes, patches, and
suggestions are welcome.

-a

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 10:10:26AM +0900, Austin Z. wrote:

Also, work on rubypython 0.6 has been started and will be in the HEAD
of both the
bitbucket repository and the github repository in near future. Bug
fixes, patches, and
suggestions are welcome.

Would you please provide URIs for project pages (including URIs for
Bitbucket and GitHub repositories if they are not listed on a main
project site) in these announcements?

On Oct 23, 2011, at 09:27 , Chad P. wrote:

project site) in these announcements?
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=rubypython+austin+ziegler

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 05:13:18AM +0900, Ryan D. wrote:

Would you please provide URIs for project pages (including URIs for
Bitbucket and GitHub repositories if they are not listed on a main
project site) in these announcements?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=rubypython+austin+ziegler

While your snarky response does point to something handy, it doesn’t
solve the problem of people who provide only partial information about
their projects in announcements.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 01:53:25PM +0900, Ryan D. wrote:

On Oct 23, 2011, at 21:00 , Chad P. wrote:

While your snarky response does point to something handy, it doesn’t
solve the problem of people who provide only partial information about
their projects in announcements.

Neither does your request as it only addresses a single instance.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here. Are you trying to
make some kind of passive-aggressive point to the effect that you do not
think it is useful for project maintainers to include information about
where to find project information in announcements?

On Oct 23, 2011, at 21:00 , Chad P. wrote:

While your snarky response does point to something handy, it doesn’t
solve the problem of people who provide only partial information about
their projects in announcements.

Neither does your request as it only addresses a single instance.

On Oct 23, 2011, at 22:15 , Chad P. wrote:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here. Are you trying to
make some kind of passive-aggressive point to the effect that you do not
think it is useful for project maintainers to include information about
where to find project information in announcements?

Yes, I’m being passive-aggressive by pointing out that you could have
looked up the info yourself. But I’m especially passive-aggressive for
writing a project responsible for 7700+ project releases whose
announcements by default include all the information you are whining
about. Bitch, please [1].

If you wanted to actually be effective you would have filed a ticket
with the project pointing out that the release process needs to be
modified to include this info. It directly communicates with the author
in a persistent form that allows the author to do with it when and how
they please. Instead YOU were passive-aggressive by whining on a
general-purpose ruby mailing list about it. You know as well as I do
that this is NOT the forum to resolve issues with third-party libraries.

[1] snaps excluded from plaintext medium for the sake of clarity.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 06:39:50AM +0900, Ryan D. wrote:

On Oct 23, 2011, at 22:15 , Chad P. wrote:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here. Are you trying to
make some kind of passive-aggressive point to the effect that you do not
think it is useful for project maintainers to include information about
where to find project information in announcements?

[blah blah blah]

(This is ridiculous.)

Yes, your sarcasm has won the day. You are clearly the better man. All
the world (of ruby-talk) is now aware of how much more manly you are
than
me. Thank you for putting me in my place about such an important issue
as the fact that I do not feel a desperate urge to track down the issue
tracker of every single project ever announced on this list where the
announcement lacked information about how to find the project, to
individually report to each of them in a manner invisible to the rest of
them that they forgot something. I have seen the light. Thank you.

My use of the word “please” was especially rude and unthinking.

Now that I have admitted my inadequacy, leading to the atrocities I have
committed, I hope you can move on with your life – that my immoral
behavior has not too significantly traumatized you.

Thank you once again. This lesson will be with me always, and your name
shall be associated with it, indelibly.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs