rubygems-update version 1.8.2 has been released!
RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an
installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
See Gem for information on RubyGems (or
To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
$ gem update --system # you might need to be an administrator or root
See UPGRADING.rdoc for more details and alternative instructions.
If you don’t have RubyGems installed, your can still do it manually:
- Download from: https://rubygems.org/pages/download
- Unpack into a directory and cd there
- Install with: ruby setup.rb # you may need admin/root privilege
For more details and other options, see:
ruby setup.rb --help
=== 1.8.2 / 2011-05-11
After installing RubyGems 1.8 or newer you will see deprecations when
your exsting gems. Run
gem pristine --all --no-extensions to
gem specifications safely.
Currently RubyGems does not save the build arguments used to build gems
extensions. You will need to run
gem pristine gem_with_extension -- --build-arg to regenerate a gem with an extension where it requires
2 minor enhancements:
- Moved #outdated from OutdatedCommand to Specification (for Isolate).
- Print out a warning about missing executables.
3 bug fixes:
- Added missing requires to fix various upgrade issues.
gem pristinerespects multiple gem repositories.
- setup.rb now execs with --disable-gems when possible