rubygems-update version 1.3.6 has been released!
RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an
installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
See Gem for information on RubyGems (or
To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
$ gem update --system # you might need to be an administrator or root
NOTE: RubyGems 1.1 and 1.2 have problems upgrading when there is no
rubygems-update installed. You will need to use the following
if you see “Nothing to update”.
If you have an older version of RubyGems installed, then you can still
do it in two steps:
$ gem install rubygems-update # again, might need to be admin/root
$ update_rubygems # … here too
If you don’t have any RubyGems install, there is still the pre-gem
getting software, doing it manually:
- Download from: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126
- Unpack into a directory and cd there
- Install with: ruby setup.rb # you may need admin/root privilege
For more details and other options, see:
ruby setup.rb --help
1.3.6 / 2010-02-17
http://rubygems.org is now the default source for downloading gems.
http://gems.rubyforge.org will continue to work for the forseeable
gem ownerfor interacting with
gem depnow supports --prerelease.
gem fetchnow supports --prerelease.
gem servernow supports --bind. Patch #27357 by Bruno M…
gem rdocno longer overwrites built documentation. Use
force rebuilding. Patch #25982 by Akinori MUSHA.
- Captial letters are now allowed in prerelease versions.
- Development deps are no longer added to rubygems-update gem so older
versions can update sucessfully.
- Installer bugs:
- Prerelease gems can now depend on non-prerelease gems.
- Development dependencies are ignored unless explicitly needed. Bug
by Roger P…
gem whichnow fails if no paths were found. Adapted patch #27681
gem serverno longer has invalid markup. Bug #27045 by Eric
gem listand friends show both prerelease and regular gems when
–prerelease --all is given
- Gem::Format no longer crashes on empty files. Bug #27292 by Ian
- Gem::GemPathSearcher handles nil require_paths. Patch #27334 by Roger
- Gem::RemoteFetcher no longer copies the file if it is where we want
Patch #27409 by Jakub Å Å¥astnÃ½.
- lib/rubygems/timer.rb has been removed.
- Gem::Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed
after August 2010.
- Bulk index update is no longer supported.
- Gem::manage_gems was removed in 1.3.3.
- Time::today was removed in 1.3.3.