Beta version 0.9.0.9 is now available with:
gem update --system --source http://onestepback.org/betagems
This will be the last beta with major changes before the release of
= Upgrade note
While require_gem was deprecated in 0.9.0, the bin stubs are still
using it (oops!). To get rid of the warnings printed by rake or
other bin stubs simply run ‘gem pristine --all’.
= What’s new since 0.9.0?
Lots! Many changes both big and small! Here’s an incomplete summary:
- require_gem is deprecated and will print a warning. Use gem instead.
- RubyGems now requires ruby 1.8.2 or greater.
- gem command changes
- new gem pristine command
- new gem outdated command
- new gem sources command
- gem uninstall can uninstall multiple gems
- gem install uses the cache instead of downloading
- gem install returns non-zero exit code on failure
- gem install can now set shebang on bin stubs (env or ruby)
- gem help output now fits in 80 columns
- now -w clean
- many proxy installation improvements
- gem cert improvements
- RubyGems is now easier to use as a library
- Easier programatic installs
- Easier inspection of local and remote gems
- extension building enhancements
- error reporting enhancements (less odd exceptions)
- many bugs fixed or closed (0 bugs in tracker!)
- require now loads .jar files
- select bug fixes:
- installing from scratch fixed
- gem install --force forces
- installing from read-only location works
- gem uninstall requires full name
- gem install obeys GEM_HOME for bin scripts
- RubyGems now installs on ruby 1.9
== New since beta 0.9.0.8
- fixed issue with Gem::Specification#hash for JRuby
- RubyGems now installs RDoc and ri for itself
- RubyGems is now tab-free
- require_gem warning prints file and line information
For full details, read the ChangeLog.
I LIT YOUR GEM ON FIRE!