rubygems version 1.3.7 has been released!
RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an
installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
See Gem for information on RubyGems (or
To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
$ gem update --system # you might need to be an administrator or root
NOTE: RubyGems 1.1 and 1.2 have problems upgrading when there is no
rubygems-update installed. You will need to use the following
if you see “Nothing to update”.
If you have an older version of RubyGems installed, then you can still
do it in two steps:
$ gem install rubygems-update # again, might need to be admin/root
$ update_rubygems # … here too
If you don’t have any RubyGems install, there is still the pre-gem
getting software, doing it manually:
- Download from: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126
- Unpack into a directory and cd there
- Install with: ruby setup.rb # you may need admin/root privilege
For more details and other options, see:
ruby setup.rb --help
1.3.7 / 2010-05-13
http://rubygems.org is now the default source for downloading gems.
http://gems.rubyforge.org will continue to work for the forseeable
gem fetchnow report alternate platforms when a
matching one couldn’t be found.
gem contents--prefix is now the default as specified in --help.
#27211 by Mamoru T…
gem fetchcan fetch of old versions again. Bug #27960 by Eric
gem queryand friends output now lists platforms. Bug #27856 by
gem servernow allows specification of multiple gem dirs for
documentation. Bug #27573 by Yuki S…
gem unpackcan unpack gems again. Bug #27872 by Timothy Jones.
gem unpacknow unpacks remote gems.
- –user-install is no longer the default. If you really liked it,
Gem::ConfigFile to learn how to set it by default. (This change was
- RubyGems now has platform support for IronRuby. Patch #27951 by Will
- Require rubygems/custom_require if --disable-gem was set. Bug #27700
- RubyGems now protects against exceptions being raised by plugins.
- rubygems/builder now requires user_interaction. Ruby Bug #1040 by
- Gem::Dependency support #version_requirements= with a warning. Fix
Rails versions. Bug #27868 by Wei Jen Lu.
- Gem::PackageTask depends on the package dir like the other rake
tasks so dependencies can be hooked up correctly.