= Announce: RubyGems Release 1.0.1
Release 1.0.1 fixes a few bugs.
- Installation on Ruby 1.8.3 through 1.8.5 fixed
gem buildon 1.8.3 fixed
Other Changes Include:
- Since RubyGems 0.9.5, RubyGems is no longer supported on Ruby 1.8.2
this is official in RubyGems 1.0.1.
== How can I get RubyGems?
NOTE: If you have installed RubyGems using a package you may want to
new RubyGems through the same packaging system.
If you have a recent version of RubyGems (0.8.5 or later), then all
you need to do is:
$ gem update --system (you might need to be admin/root)
(Note: You may have to run the command twice if you have any previosly
installed rubygems-update gems).
If you have an older version of RubyGems installed, then you can still
do it in two steps:
$ gem install rubygems-update (again, might need to be admin/root)
$ update_rubygems (… here too)
If you don’t have any gems install, there is still the pre-gem
approach to getting software … doing it manually:
- DOWNLOAD FROM: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126
- UNPACK INTO A DIRECTORY AND CD THERE
- INSTALL WITH: ruby setup.rb (you may need admin/root privilege)
== To File Bugs
The RubyGems bug tracker can be found on RubyForge at:
When filing a bug,
gem env output will be helpful in diagnosing the
If you find a bug where RubyGems crashes, please provide debug output.
do that with
gem --debug the_command.
Keep those gems coming!
– Jim & Chad & Eric (for the RubyGems team)