RubyGame on windows

I just installed rubygame for windows but when I require it, the
“rubygame.rb” tries to load “rubygame.so” which I don’t have if I remove
this require from the lib then there are errors that alot of things are
undifiend, where can I find this “rubygame.so”?

Mohammad — wrote:

I just installed rubygame for windows but when I require it, the
“rubygame.rb” tries to load “rubygame.so” which I don’t have if I remove
this require from the lib then there are errors that alot of things are
undifiend, where can I find this “rubygame.so”?

Did you read and follow the installation instructions at
http://rubygame.infogami.com/win32 ? It should be loading rubygame.dll,
actually. It looks like you have to move a lot of stuff around to get it
working.

Good luck.

-Justin

Justin C. wrote:

Mohammad — wrote:

I just installed rubygame for windows but when I require it, the
“rubygame.rb” tries to load “rubygame.so” which I don’t have if I remove
this require from the lib then there are errors that alot of things are
undifiend, where can I find this “rubygame.so”?

Did you read and follow the installation instructions at
http://rubygame.infogami.com/win32 ? It should be loading rubygame.dll,
actually. It looks like you have to move a lot of stuff around to get it
working.

Good luck.

-Justin

Hmm… That’s what I used check this out:

This is the file that should be imported, it in turn imports

rubygame.so

(which has all of the C code for rubygame) and all the other rubygame

modules

require “rbconfig”

require “rubygame.%s”%[Config::CONFIG[“DLEXT”]]

okay I actually looked in my lib and I don’t seem to have rbconfig, yet
I don’t get an error about that for somereasson but, it seems like it
needs to be loaded from the way that Config::CONFIG thing jumps out. So
what do I do to get this working?

Okay new error:
pic. at geocities.com/name_here44/error.jpg

Does this mean there is somthing wrong with my SDL dll or what?

Hi, don’t use geocities. They’re evil. I got not found error.

It might be better to quote what the error actually say.

I looked at rubygame a couple of weeks ago, it wasn’t difficult to set
up if you follow the instructions on the website. The most
important thing is to make sure your SDL.dll and associated dlls
(libtiff etc) are in windows/system32 as rubygame wouldn’t pick them
up from the path (IME).

It’s not a bad library, but a warning, right now sound support is
broken.

Kev

As far as I know, Rubygame doesn’t support sound in the first place.

On 10/18/06, Kevin J. [email protected] wrote:

Kev

As far as I know, Rubygame doesn’t support sound in the first
place.

On 10/18/06, Kevin J. <[email protected]
> wrote:
I looked at rubygame a couple of weeks ago,
it wasn’t difficult to set

up if you follow the instructions on the website.  The
most
important thing is to make sure your SDL.dll and associated
dlls
(libtiff etc) are in windows/system32 as rubygame wouldn’t pick
them
up from the path (IME).



It’s not a bad library, but a warning, right now sound
support is broken.

Kev


Hi,

At Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:30:05 +0900,
Mohammad — wrote in [ruby-talk:220525]:

require “rbconfig”

require “rubygame.%s”%[Config::CONFIG[“DLEXT”]]

You don’t need to do it, require “rubygame.so” actually does look for
also rubygame.dll in 1.8.

However, the DLL included in the package is compiled with VC8, so it
can’t work with One-Click Installer 1.8.5-21.

Thanks everyone that posted, I had a freind install it, I just didn’t
install ALL of the SDL files, I didn’t read that in the install thingy
but anyway. Thanks!

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs