RubyForge not being updated?


#1

Anyone know what’s up with RubyForge? I submitted a new project three
days ago and I haven’t heard back. Also, the RubyForge home page
hasn’t changed in three days. While I’m thrilled to see my previous
release (AlterEgo) at the top of RubyForge news for three days in a
row, I’d be even more thrilled to be able to release my latest
project!


Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org
Developer Blog: http://avdi.org/devblog/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/avdi
Journal: http://avdi.livejournal.com


#2

On Dec 2, 7:48 pm, “Avdi G.” removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Anyone know what’s up with RubyForge? I submitted a new project three
days ago and I haven’t heard back. Also, the RubyForge home page
hasn’t changed in three days. While I’m thrilled to see my previous
release (AlterEgo) at the top of RubyForge news for three days in a
row, I’d be even more thrilled to be able to release my latest
project!

News usually comes out in spurts, which is good b/c it lets stuff stay
on the board for a while.

They are usually pretty prompt about approving projects, but it can
take a few days longer than expected sometimes. Give it another day or
two and then contact them if nothing happens.

T.


#3

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008, Avdi G. wrote:

Anyone know what’s up with RubyForge? I submitted a new project three
days ago and I haven’t heard back. Also, the RubyForge home page
hasn’t changed in three days. While I’m thrilled to see my previous
release (AlterEgo) at the top of RubyForge news for three days in a
row, I’d be even more thrilled to be able to release my latest
project!

I can’t help you with the projects, but I can address the news. I’ve
been doing news approvals every few days, because A) I’m lazy and B)
that’s The Way It’s Always Been. Of course my “every few days” is
longer than previous…

That said, I’m open to the idea of running news more often. What do
people want to see? There are tons of stories submitted every day, if
they got run every 6 hours (say) there are days in which they wouldn’t
stay on the front page for a whole day.

Ben


#4

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Ben B. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I can’t help you with the projects, but I can address the news. I’ve
been doing news approvals every few days, because A) I’m lazy and B)
that’s The Way It’s Always Been. Of course my “every few days” is
longer than previous…

Truth is, until I had a project just itching to be released I never
noticed or cared. I had assumed that the rate of project approvals
and the rate of news update was related (i.e. the same person/people
doing it).

I don’t really have an opinion on how fast the front page is updated,
although once a day would probably be good for appearances (“watch
those busy Ruby beavers go!”).


Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org
Developer Blog: http://avdi.org/devblog/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/avdi
Journal: http://avdi.livejournal.com


#5

On Dec 2, 2008, at 7:48 PM, Avdi G. wrote:

Anyone know what’s up with RubyForge? I submitted a new project three
days ago and I haven’t heard back. Also, the RubyForge home page
hasn’t changed in three days. While I’m thrilled to see my previous
release (AlterEgo) at the top of RubyForge news for three days in a
row, I’d be even more thrilled to be able to release my latest
project!

Sorry for the delay; I approved all the pending projects yesterday.
I’ll try to get those done at more frequent intervals too,

Yours,

Tom


#6

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008, Avdi G. wrote:

Truth is, until I had a project just itching to be released I never
noticed or cared. I had assumed that the rate of project approvals
and the rate of news update was related (i.e. the same person/people
doing it).

I think that was the case until fairly recently. A few months ago I
took over the news approvals, but I assume it’s still just Tom doing
projects.

I don’t really have an opinion on how fast the front page is updated,
although once a day would probably be good for appearances (“watch
those busy Ruby beavers go!”).

I think you’re probably right, and I’ve been trying to be better about
it. I’ll make this my goal.

Ben