Release 0.6.0 of Ruby SNMP is now available. I got tons of user
feedback on the last release and I have tried to incorporate most of it
into this release. Thanks for all of the suggestions!
The SNMP protocol provides the capability to monitor and manage
switches, routers, printers, desktops, and other equipment in your
network. This implementation includes a simple Ruby-style interface and
symbolic access to SNMP object IDs.
Changes for version 0.6.0:
- Added support for sending informs and traps for SNMPv2c and traps for
- Improved SNMP::Manager#walk so that it can handle missing varbinds
when reading tables. The indexes for a table row read by #walk are now
guaranteed to match.
- Added to_oid methods to SNMP::OctetString, SNMP::Integer, and
SNMP::IpAddress (feature request #2486)
- Fixed some problems with retrying requests that caused annoying
“Request ID mismatch” warnings and caused too few retries to be
- Thanks to Mark Cotner, Dan Hamlin, Tim Howe, Diana Eichert, Ery Lee,
Jan Åge Johnsen, and Jeff Foster for their help and suggestions (and
apologies in advance if I have forgotten someone).