Ruby script if statement

Hi,
I want to write a if statement script, what it will do is if the phone
number field exist, then print the phone number, otherwise leave it
blank.

I have tried this:

<% if @user.phone_work != 0 %>Work: <%= @user.phone_work -%>
<% else %>

<% end %>

it’s not work, anyone can advice please?

puts “Work: #{@user.phone_work}” if @user.phone_work !=0

will leave it out if work == 0, else it prints the line.

Is there something else you want to do maybe that I’m missing?

Wayne

Thanks Wayne

follow your instruction, I tried this:
<% “Work: #{@user.phone_work}” if @user.phone_work !=0 -%>

which is not work, the field will disappear not matter exist or not
any idea why?

what is @user.phone_work? a string?

Try this:

puts “Work: #{@user.phone_work}” if !@user.phone_work.nil?