ruby_parser version 3.2.2 has been released!
- home: https://github.com/seattlerb/ruby_parser
- rdoc: http://docs.seattlerb.org/ruby_parser
- bugs: https://github.com/seattlerb/ruby_parser/issues
ruby_parser (RP) is a ruby parser written in pure ruby (utilizing
racc–which does by default use a C extension). RP’s output is
the same as ParseTree’s output: s-expressions using ruby’s arrays and
As an example:
def conditional1 arg1 return 1 if arg1 == 0 return 0 end
s(:defn, :conditional1, s(:args, :arg1), s(:if, s(:call, s(:lvar, :arg1), :==, s(:lit, 0)), s(:return, s(:lit, 1)), nil), s(:return, s(:lit, 0)))
Tested against 801,039 files from the latest of all rubygems (as of
- 1.8 parser is at 99.9739% accuracy, 3.651 sigma
- 1.9 parser is at 99.9940% accuracy, 4.013 sigma
- 2.0 parser is at 99.9939% accuracy, 4.008 sigma
5 bug fixes:
- 1.9/2.0: fixed assocs in return args. (presidentbeef)
- Fixed handling of parse error when class is nested in multiple defs.
- Fixed lexing of %w w/ funny whitespace separators. (whitequark)
- Fixed more call nodes that have trailing comma syntax.
- Fixed more call_args slippage.