Our client, retail Fortune10 Company is looking for an innovative,
experienced, collaborative Prototyper / Web D. to join the User
Experience group. This person will have a solid understanding of
current web technologies, and a passion for creating great customer
experiences. We are looking for a candidate that can partner with the
Information Architects, UI Designers, Writers and Researchers to
produce compelling prototypes that allow for robust usability testing
and evaluation with our customers.
including jQuery and YUI, and will be open to leveraging other RIA
enabling software where appropriate. They must be comfortable
supporting rapid iteration and ideation processes with all the
challenges and opportunities that implies.
If you have a passion for effectively solving hard problems using
insightful and creative approaches, and leveraging the right
technology for the job, this would be the job for you.
Responsibilities: 1. Concept (15%)
• Establish our production prototyping frameworks.
• Proposed and lead project definition activities when project scope
• Work with other project team members to define and the right
technology approach to use to support usability testing and
• Work with User Experience Management and Business to suggest
research areas outside of projects.
2. Build (50%)
• Create interactive prototypes that represent the needs of the
Business Owners, while supporting the goals of our Customer.
• Collaborate with the other User Experience disciplines to generate
interactive examples that capture the team’s vision.
• Work with our Consumer Insights group to support Usability Testing,
especially Rapid Iterative Testing and Evaluation (RITE) method
• Work with engineering leads to determine efficacy and feasibility of
a given solution.
3. Specification (25%)
• Create code components to support our Pattern initiatives.
• Share industry best practices with the Engineering organization.
• Help refine Front End coding standards in support of the HTML
4. Creative QA (10%)
• Provide QA feedback to and consultation with HTML, Engineering, and
PM teams prior to launch.
• QA frequently extends beyond projects – You may be asked to provide
suggestions on ways to improve JS efficiency or page weight issues.
Qualifications: 1) Competencies: Skills, knowledge, & abilities
• Participate in project definition activities including: business
requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis,
secondary research, etc.
• Possess strong business and technical acumen; be able to quickly
learn new businesses and understand technologies.
• Work very collaboratively with all members of the project team.
• Make solid recommendations on the priorities of product and feature
• Understand the importance of flexibility and the balance of speed
• Very good project management skills: able to work on multiple
projects, reprioritize as needed, and consistently deliver on time.
• Anticipate potential project problems and create solutions or
• Flexible, highly organized, and able to recommend priorities for
• Demonstrate willingness to teach and contribute to the team.
• Understand the value of the Consumer Insights and Product Manager
roles and how they work with User Experience.
• Take a proactive approach to creative and cross-functional
• Actively seek out feedback from manager and peers; improve own
performance based on that feedback.
• Develop an understanding of how to give effective feedback.
• Can resolve conflicts constructively with some input from manager.
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity and maturity. Constructive
approach to challenges.
• Understand our company’s core values
• Able to persuade/influence team members, sell ideas effectively, get
results, and follow through.
• Ownership of mid-sized projects with new or complex functionality,
with input and feedback from manager.
• Present ideas effectively, and is a strong communicator in a variety
of presentation situations.
• Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
• 2+ years relevant web-based programming experience, preferably
including the work on one or more consumer web sites with moderate to
advanced transactional functionality.
• Must demonstrate strong rapid-prototyping/development skills across
a broad spectrum of technologies including: HTML/XHTML & CSS, AJAX/
• Knowledge of one or more of the following: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Flex/
Flash+ ActionScript 2.0, .NET Framework or C# ,and Microsoft
Expression suite; related technologies are a bonus
• Familiarity with user research methods and observation a plus.
• Understanding of Internet usability/user interface best practices is
• Web design experience including: HTML, the capabilities of Web
browsers across multiple platforms, and new technologies a plus
• Exposure to Axure as a prototyping tool is helpful
Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering, other relevant
field, or equivalent work experience
If you are interested, please fill in the attached Skills Template and
send it along with a copy of your updated resume to
[email protected] . Also, kindly let us know the best time to contact
you to discuss this role further.