Ruby on Rails Opportunity!

I am currently hiring for a Ruby on Rails Software Engineer! Please
review job description and let me know if you are interested! You can
contact me @ 425-278-0083 or [email protected]!

6-12 month contract
Must Clear Background Check

The Opportunity:
Our Client is looking to expand its development team with the addition
of a talented, motivated software engineer. Successful candidates
must be able write sustainable and maintainable code quickly and
accurately. You must have a passion for writing modular software
systems capable of handling large loads and high-traffic patterns.
You will be asked to contribute multiple innovative solutions to
difficult problems. Candidates should have a thirst for knowledge and
be willing to constantly push the boundaries of our coding methods,
our coding styles, and our coding results.

Responsibilities:

  • Write scalable, maintainable code, unit, functional, and acceptance
    tests
  • Create semi-fleshed out CSS and template files
  • Contribute to system design and architecture decisions
  • Assist in QA and firefighting efforts as necessary

Qualifications:

  • Thorough understanding of object-oriented methodology
  • Thorough understanding of MVC (Model-View-Controller) architectures
  • Experience with coding database-backed web applications
  • Expert knowledge in either mod_perl or Ruby on Rails
  • Intermediate knowledge of a mod_perl templating language
  • Intermediate CSS and Javascript skills
  • Willingness to work in an Agile development environment
  • Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical ideas

Wow you must be offering a HUGE monetary compensation :smiley:

Didn’t pick the whole thing apart, just sections:

6-12 month contract

Must Clear Background Check

Pay rate is…?

our coding styles, and our coding results.

Shortened to:

We are looking for a very good Ruby on Rails developer. Must have good
overall knowledge of everything as well as the motivation required to
work
consistently.

Responsibilities:

  •   Write scalable, maintainable code, unit, functional, and

acceptance
tests

Acceptance tests? Isn’t this something where you demonstrate to the user
the
application and record their reactions? I didn’t know you could write
those.

  •   Create semi-fleshed out CSS and template files

Understandable, but usually I would get a proper designer to do this
rather
than a programmer.

  •   Contribute to system design and architecture decisions

Shorter: Come up with superb ideas.

  •   Assist in QA and firefighting efforts as necessary

This is what caught my eye and got me to reply in the first place:
“firefighting efforts”. Do things just have a habit of spontaneously
igniting there?

Qualifications:

  •   Thorough understanding of object-oriented methodology

Which you’ll get with Ruby on Rails developers

  •   Thorough understanding of MVC (Model-View-Controller)

architectures

Which you’ll get with Ruby on Rails developers

  •   Experience with coding database-backed web applications

Which you’ll get with Ruby on Rails developers

  •   Expert knowledge in either mod_perl or Ruby on Rails

Which you’ll get with Ruby on Rails developers… wait, what? mod_perl?
What
the hell has that got to do with RoR?

It’s an alright written advertisement (and nothing has beaten that
rockstar
one, yet!), but it needs… something. Like, more information on the
client,
the location and the pay rate.

Ryan B.

Feel free to add me to MSN and/or GTalk as this email.

Good Morning Lobo,

Are you interested in this opportunity! If so, I would be glad to
discuss in further detail!

Best Regards,

Portia Orner

Technical Recruiter

APEX Systems, Inc.
10500 NE 8th St.

Bellevue, WA 98004

Office: 425.278.0083

Toll free: 877.335.5136

Fax: 425.278.0084

[email protected]

Apex Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apex Systems, Inc.
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable state or federal civil rights law.

Please don’t post jobs here.

Good Morning Ryan,

If you would like to give me a call, I would be glad to go over the
details with you. The position is located in Seattle. I look forward
to speaking with you!

Best Regards,

Portia Orner

Technical Recruiter

APEX Systems, Inc.
10500 NE 8th St.

Bellevue, WA 98004

Office: 425.278.0083

Toll free: 877.335.5136

Fax: 425.278.0084

[email protected] mailto:[email protected]

www.apexsystemsinc.com http://www.apexsystemsinc.com/

http://www.frozenplague.net
Feel free to add me to MSN and/or GTalk as this email.

Dustin A. wrote:

Please don’t post jobs here.

And why don’t you want people to post jobs here?

On Jan 31, 2008 5:35 AM, Shandy N. [email protected]
wrote:

Dustin A. wrote:

Please don’t post jobs here.

And why don’t you want people to post jobs here?

People who post jobs here have every right to do exactly that. It’s a
free
way for them to potentially get decent Ruby on Rails coders rather than
paying $$$ to post their advertisement on a job advertisement site that
only
covers their country. I know of no international job advertisement site.

Good Morning Ryan,

If you would like to give me a call, I would be glad to go over the
details
with you. The position is located in Seattle. I look forward to
speaking
with you!

Unfortunately if you’re based in Seattle (or even the States for that
fact)
it’ll cost me an international call. If I were to get the job there
would be
the whole relocating thing which is kind of expensive (somewhere in the
$3k
range just to get there) so I won’t be contacting you. If I was in the
states I would give you a call.

Ryan B.

Feel free to add me to MSN and/or GTalk as this email.

Thank you for your feedback, Ryan! Good luck in the job market!