JOB VACANCY : RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER: MID LEVEL
IMB is an independent and agile financial technology company, based in
Cape Town CBD, and operating nation-wide.
We believe in uplifting South Africans with a stake in this country’s
economic future. We are looking for an energetic, young Ruby developer,
who is eager to gain experience in an exciting and stimulating
The Ruby Developer will be required to display a high degree of
confidentiality, honesty and integrity in all aspects of the job, due to
the nature of the role and the environment in which it is performed.
The Ruby Developer will participate in all aspects of development,
maintenance and support of the current system. He/she will be required
to support the existing user base, with a specific focus on user
enhancements and “bug fixing”. As the Developer’s experience level
increases he/she will have greater involvement in more advanced
development projects and the opportunity to grow into more senior roles.
• Participate in system development
• Perform system maintenance and defect resolution
• Produce user enhancements
• Create and facilitate suitable testing methods
• Participate in “go-live” activities
• Create and update system documentation
• At least 2 years relevant and practical experience would be
• Experience in Ruby development
• Understanding of fundamental design principles
• Knowledgeable about the integration of data storage solutions (such
• Knowledgeable about the integration of front-end technologies (such
• Proficient in code versioning tools (such as Git)
• Experience with financial systems/FinTech would be beneficial
• High degree of integrity
• Customer focussed
• Solution orientated
• Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
• Proactive with ability to take initiative
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills
• Keen interest in research to keep abreast of innovation and
• Tertiary IT / Programming / Developer, or related studies would be
Pre-Requisites To Present At An Interview
Sharing of code and/or products that you have specifically developed in
Rails and an explanation of own role in creating the code and final
IMB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to
e-mail a detailed CV to [email protected] by 30th April 2017.
• By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other
personal information, you are consenting to the information being used
for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment
purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful).
• Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment
purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the
establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will
be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy
• We confirm that such information will not be used for any other
purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
• If your application is not successful, we may retain your CV and
other information provided on our electronic system. If you object to
your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned
clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy
your personal information in a secure manner.
• The organization reserves the right not to make an appointment
• Appropriate psychometric and / or other selection tools and reference
checks is applicable.
• Qualifications, background and ITC checks are applicable.
Should no feedback be received within 2 weeks of the closing date,
kindly accept that your application did not succeed.