Ruby Installer - now or later?


#1

Hi folks. I’ve been debating putting on the RC2 version of the Ruby
Windows Installer or waiting for the final bits as it sounds like they
are getting ready to finish it off. Anyone know if I should wait a few
more days, or just toss RC2 on. I’ve heard RC2 has an issue of deleting
PATH info (which I can work around if need be). I have a project due
next week and would like to use Ruby to manage some of my text files, I
just don’t want to end up with a broken Ruby :slight_smile:


#2

On 6/7/06, Andy T. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Hi folks. I’ve been debating putting on the RC2 version of the Ruby
Windows Installer or waiting for the final bits as it sounds like they
are getting ready to finish it off. Anyone know if I should wait a few
more days, or just toss RC2 on. I’ve heard RC2 has an issue of deleting
PATH info (which I can work around if need be). I have a project due
next week and would like to use Ruby to manage some of my text files, I
just don’t want to end up with a broken Ruby :slight_smile:

RC2 is stable. Final would have been next, but there have been enough
package upgrades since RC2 that there really needs to be an RC3, now.
Plus,
I RubyGems 0.9.0 will be out real soon, and I want that to be in the
final
release, so there may be a delay just for that.

Curt