Ruby/Informix is a Ruby extension for connecting to IBM Informix
Dynamic Server, written in ESQL/C.
It is being developed and heavily tested on Solaris/SPARC. It has been
reported to work on Linux Fedora, SuSE Linux, Windows XP and HP-UX.
* Easier to install
* BigDecimal accepted for input parameters
* BigDecimal used for instantiating DECIMAL and MONEY values
* Cursor, Statement, Slob and Database accept an optional block
automatically frees resources after execution.
Based on ideas and pseudo-code by
Edwin F. and
* Database#slob shortcut for creating Slob objects.
* Slob::Stat class implemented. Returned by Slob#stat,
SLOB status. Methods: atime, ctime, mtime, refcnt and size.
* Slob new methods: <<, rewind, stat, pos, pos=, lock, unlock,
estbytes, extsz, flags, maxbytes, sbspace,
atime, ctime, mtime, refcnt and size
* Thread safe
* DECIMAL and MONEY columns are no longer returned as Float.
is used instead.
* If there was an error reading (ifx_lo_read) an SLOB, memory
allocated for the read buffer was not freed. Noticed by
* maxbytes option was ignored when creating an Slob object
* Documentation for Slob mentioned an RDRW constant, but it
Special thanks to Guy Bowerman, Jonathan Leffler and Logan C. for
feedback and help.