Ruby-gnome2/gtk error on mac


#1

I’m running Ruby 1.8.4 (installed via darwinports) on OS 10.4 with gtk
2.8.12 (installed via darwinports) and ruby-gnome2 0.14.1 (configured
using extconf.rb and installed in the /opt/local location of ruby).
When I run a simple button test program I get the following message:

gtktest.rb: line 1
GLib-GObject-WARNING **:Two different plugins tried to register
‘BasicEngineFc’.
gtktest.rb: line 1
GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT
(object_type)’ failed
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'BasicScriptEngineFc’gtktest.rb:
line 1

The test program still seems to run despite this message. I’m new to
Ruby, so if someone could help me out, I would really appreciate it.
Getting a Ruby GUI to work on a Mac is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks,
John


#2

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:25:31 +0900
john k removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

(object_type)’ failed
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'BasicScriptEngineFc’gtktest.rb:
line 1

The test program still seems to run despite this message. I’m new to
Ruby, so if someone could help me out, I would really appreciate it.
Getting a Ruby GUI to work on a Mac is incredibly frustrating.

It’s very difficult not to check your gtktest.rb…

But I think these messages are occured by Pango(not by Ruby-GNOME2).
I suspect gtk-demo occurs same error.

If so, could you re-install pango and then re-compile ruby-gnome2?


#3

It’s very difficult not to check your gtktest.rb…

This is the “Hello World” program on the website tutorial.

But I think these messages are occured by Pango(not by Ruby-GNOME2).
I suspect gtk-demo occurs same error.

If so, could you re-install pango and then re-compile ruby-gnome2?

I reinstalled pango and gtk2, then recompiled ruby-gnome2 and still got
the same exact error.

Thanks,
John


#4

Hi,

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 06:07:45 +0900
john k removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I reinstalled pango and gtk2, then recompiled ruby-gnome2 and still got
the same exact error.

How about gtk-demo ?

It’s provided by gtk2.


#5

How about gtk-demo ?

It’s provided by gtk2.

Same error message multiple times when I start it. Every demo seems to
work, but I frequently get the error message again.

  • John

#6

john k wrote:

gtktest.rb: line 1
GLib-GObject-WARNING **:Two different plugins tried to register
‘BasicEngineFc’.
gtktest.rb: line 1
GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT
(object_type)’ failed
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'BasicScriptEngineFc’gtktest.rb:
line 1

Try this:
http://opendarwin.org/pipermail/darwinports/2006-February/032382.html

– Daniel