The Ruby-GNOME2 project released Ruby-GNOME2 0.90.6.
= About Ruby-GNOME2
Ruby-GNOME2 is a set of Ruby language bindings for the GTK+
2.x and GNOME 2.x development environment.
= About GTK+
GTK+ is a highly usable, feature rich toolkit for creating
graphical user interfaces which boasts cross platform
compatibility and an easy to use API. GTK+ it is written
in C, but has bindings to many other popular programming
languages such as C++, Python and C# among others. GTK+ is
licensed under the GNU LGPL 2.1 allowing development of
both free and proprietary software with GTK+ without any
license fees or royalties.
= About GNOME
The GNOME project provides two things: The GNOME desktop
environment, an intuitive and attractive desktop for
users, and the GNOME development platform, an extensive
framework for building applications that integrate into
the rest of the desktop.
= About this release
This release drops all deprecated packages:
But all available packages support RubyGems. It means you
can install those packages by ‘gem install …’. Many of
them also provides a gem that includes Windows binary.
- Ruby/ATK: gem install atk (Windows OK)
- Ruby/GdkPixbuf2: gem install gdk_pixbuf2 (Windows OK)
- Ruby/GIO2: gem install gio2 (Windows OK)
- Ruby/GLib2: gem install glib2 (Windows OK)
- Ruby/GooCanvas: gem install goocanvas (Windows OK)
- Ruby/GStreamer: gem install gstreamer (Windows NG)
- Ruby/GTK2: gem install gtk2 (Windows OK)
- Ruby/GtkMozEmbed: gem install gtkmozembed (Windows NG)
- Ruby/GtkSourceView2: gem install gtksourceview2 (Windows OK)
- Ruby/Pango: gem install pango (Windows OK)
- Ruby/Poppler: gem install poppler (Windows OK)
- Ruby/RSVG2: gem install rsvg2 (Windows OK)
- Ruby/VTE: gem install vte (Windows NG)