It is my pleasure to announce that:
Ruby/DLX 0.8.1 is now available for download from:
Ruby/DLX is a frontend to Ruby/DL2. It uses the Ruby/DL2 ability to
library calls directly in ruby.
Ruby/DLX provides a (hopefully) very intuitive way of doing this.
- All structs can be redfined in nearly identical syntax
- All (pointer) types are identified automatically and conversion is
performed automatically to the above defined structs
- char* <-> String type conversion
- char <-> ruby character type conversion
- function pointers are handled automatically
- pointers-to-pointers (array lists) are handled automatically, You can
change lists in ruby by replacing C-allocated values by Ruby allocated
- nested structs are handled automatically
For an example and a one-to-one comparison of a C-Header file and the
corresponding Ruby module don’t hesitate to drop by at: