We are looking for a Ruby Developer for our client in Seattle, WA
Duration : 6+ Months
Start Date : ASAP
This position participates in a team environment for the delivery and
maintenance of application systems. Responsible for programming,
debugging and testing of applications in a development environment.
Generally responsible for database design and system testing. This
position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills
in performing day to day work.
This position will work with a team utilizing one or more of the
following premium technologies: Ruby on Rails/Java, MacOS, and MySQL/
Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirements
analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design,
source code development, test case development, testing, and
In this position it is essential that RITS departmental policies and
procedures be adhered to. Those include, but are not limited to;
technical and architecture standards, production implementation
standards, regular status reporting, regular participation in team
meetings, regular one on one meetings with supervisor and team lead,
and providing work estimates and regular time tracking.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business
Administration, Engineering or a related field. Appropriate additional
experience beyond the minimum required experience may be substituted
- A total of 5 years relevant experience in a multi-platform
environment, including, but not limited to application development or
database development. Experience must include significant involvement
with one or more of the following premium technologies: Java/Perl/PHP/
Python, J2EE, .NET, Unix Infrastructure, Oracle, DataStage,
Salesforce.com and/or SQLServer/MySQL technologies used in a
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written
- Able to work well with, and potentially lead, groups of business
customers and IT partners.
- Able to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving program
and system issues and problems.
- Technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used
by the team.
- Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and
methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve complex programming problems
and system coordination issues.
- Able to provide technical direction and solutions to other team
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work, as well as 1-2 other team
- Able to lead multi-discipline teams for work efforts which includes
estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to
complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating
- Able to mentor and coach other junior team members in technical
- Develops efficient and maintainable program code.
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in
solving complex business problems.
- Provides consulting support for IT and Business partners by
researching, identifying and resolving complex technical problems.
- Continuously seeks to improve job skills. Actively participates in
the company’s learning environment. Works on compensating for personal
limits in both technical and professional soft skills.
- Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of
quality. Negotiates changes to delivery dates.
- Develops complex programs and systems in support of business
processes and objectives.
- Prepares and/or directs the creation of system test plans, test
criteria, and test data.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems.
- Understands and participates in deliverables required by approved
client Development Lifecycles.
- Determines system design and prepares work estimates for development
or changes for multiple work efforts.
- Takes initiative and seeks out work.
- Prepares and/or directs the creation of program, system, operational
and User documentation.
- Performs and/or directs testing and documents the results.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within IT as
well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards created by
If you are interested in the above opening please respond with your MS
Word formatted resume and provide us the following details.
Citizenship / Visa Status:
Availability for Interview:
Current City and State:
Bridge Technologies and Solutions
Direct: 609 363 0590
Email : [email protected]