Ruby Console Library

Hi.

I’m thinking about some advanced console programs. For the program, I’ll
use
Ruby. But, before building everything from scratch, I’d like to do some
quick fact checks.

Does Ruby have the followings?

  • Pulldown menu library for Console
  • Scrollable Window for Console

The appearance of my program will be quite similar to mc(midnight
commander)
or aptitude(package manager of ubuntu), so any libraries related to the
appearance of those program will be very helpful for me. If anybody
knows
such a library, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Minkoo S.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 03:35:46AM +0900, Minkoo wrote:

Does Ruby have the followings?

  • Pulldown menu library for Console
  • Scrollable Window for Console

ncurses-ruby:

http://ncurses-ruby.berlios.de/
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ncurses-ruby/

The appearance of my program will be quite similar to mc(midnight commander)
or aptitude(package manager of ubuntu), so any libraries related to the
appearance of those program will be very helpful for me.

aptitude is written in ncurses (mc probably is too).

On 10/25/06, David [email protected] wrote:

The appearance of my program will be quite similar to mc(midnight commander)
or aptitude(package manager of ubuntu), so any libraries related to the
appearance of those program will be very helpful for me.

aptitude is written in ncurses (mc probably is too).


David Dooling

Haven’t used Highline myself…but seems to me…like a good
alternative for writing console based applications.

On 10/25/06, hemant [email protected] wrote:

Haven’t used Highline myself…but seems to me…like a good
alternative for writing console based applications.


There was only one Road; that it was like a great river: its springs
were at every doorstep, and every path was its tributary.

Sorry, forgot the link:

http://highline.rubyforge.org/doc/

On 10/25/06, David [email protected] wrote:

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 03:35:46AM +0900, Minkoo wrote:

Does Ruby have the followings?

  • Pulldown menu library for Console
  • Scrollable Window for Console

ncurses-ruby:

http://ncurses-ruby.berlios.de/
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ncurses-ruby/

Looks unmaintained but might still be useful:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/jttui/

martin

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs