Ruby Central's Google Summer of Code page


#1

Hi –

We’ve now got a Summer of Code page up and running. I’ve pretty much
just slapped the ideas from this list onto the page in “raw” form.
Let me know if you have more ideas! Also, let me know if you spot
anything amiss, ideas that you think might be ineligible for some
reason, etc.

Thanks!

David


David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

“Ruby for Rails” PDF now on sale! http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!


#2

And now, the URL :slight_smile:

http://www.rubycentral.org/soc2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

David


David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

“Ruby for Rails” PDF now on sale! http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!


David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

“Ruby for Rails” PDF now on sale! http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!


#3

David

Where can I find the link for this?

Also have you thought of adding some kind of split
testing engine to rails?
I have implemented something in PHP and would love to
have somehting similar in rails where I can easily
test 2 versions(or more) of a page based on traffic
splitting and allowing me to test improvments and
behavior on a visitor/users. This is very useful to
work on enhancement and new feature on a site a test
how they would perform before fully releasing it.

Thanks

Emmanuel
— removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

reason, etc.

“Ruby for Rails” PDF now on sale!
http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!


Rails mailing list
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails


Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com


#4

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 23:57 +0900, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

Hi –

We’ve now got a Summer of Code page up and running. I’ve pretty much
just slapped the ideas from this list onto the page in “raw” form.
Let me know if you have more ideas! Also, let me know if you spot
anything amiss, ideas that you think might be ineligible for some
reason, etc.


link?

Craig


#5

I had to go to the google soc page to find this, but here is the direct
linky:

http://www.rubycentral.org/soc2006/


#6

Hello David,

could we add a few Nitro/Og related projects to this list?

thanks,
George.

On 4/18/06, removed_email_address@domain.invalid removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

behavior on a visitor/users. This is very useful to

We’ve now got a Summer of Code page up and running.

Paper version coming in early May!
http://mail.yahoo.com
“Ruby for Rails” PDF now on sale! http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!


Rails mailing list
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails


http://www.gmosx.com
http://www.navel.gr
http://www.nitrohq.com


#7

Hi –

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, George M. wrote:

Hello David,

could we add a few Nitro/Og related projects to this list?

If someone suggests some, sure :slight_smile:

David

testing engine to rails?
Emmanuel

anything amiss, ideas that you think might be
Ruby Power and Light, LLC


David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

“Ruby for Rails” PDF now on sale! http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!


#8

Hi –

Sigh – I forgot it when I emailed ruby-talk too.

It’s http://www.rubycentral.org/soc2006

David

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Manu wrote:

behavior on a visitor/users. This is very useful to

We’ve now got a Summer of Code page up and running.

Paper version coming in early May!
http://mail.yahoo.com


Rails mailing list
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails


David A. Black (removed_email_address@domain.invalid)
Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypowerandlight.com)

“Ruby for Rails” PDF now on sale! http://www.manning.com/black
Paper version coming in early May!