Ruby and C++ exe

Hi,

I am new to Ruby , but have a few years of experience in C++.

My requirement is to create automated test (scripts) that will do the
testing (mainly acceptance test) of our application (an Exe project
created on C++). I intend to use Ruby for the automated test.

My concerns are as follows.

How can Ruby connect to my application (exe project on C++). Do I
require to have a COM interface exposed from my exe application so that
Ruby can call the interface methods from out of process and execute the
test?
Are there any easier alternatives?

Please advice.

Regards,
George

Hi,

Ruby can call the interface methods from out of process and execute the
test?
Are there any easier alternatives?

http://www.swig.org/

Try this
Kev

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Kevin J. [email protected]
wrote:

How can Ruby connect to my application (exe project on C++). Do I

And as an (IMO) tons nicer alternative to SWIG, please give Rice a try:

Of course, these might be mis-reading your initial question. Are you
talking
about connecting Ruby to an already running process and running tests on
said process? If so, there might be some stuff in the win32- gems but
I’ve
never done this specifically so I’m not sure.

Jason

My requirement is to create automated test (scripts) that will do the
testing (mainly acceptance test) of our application (an Exe project
created on C++). I intend to use Ruby for the automated test.

SWIG and Rice are good options, but if you want a fast cheap (not the
safest way of doing this) option… pipe the output of your executable
into ruby.

system(“executablename.exe”) | manipulate output here.

Again, not recommended but it would still work.

  • Mac

win32ole might be useful if your application already has COM interface
ready
read more about win32ole here at
http://www.rubycentral.com/pickaxe/win32.html

I am new to Ruby , but have a few years of experience in C++.

My requirement is to create automated test (scripts) that will do the
testing (mainly acceptance test) of our application (an Exe project
created on C++). I intend to use Ruby for the automated test.

My concerns are as follows.

How can Ruby connect to my application (exe project on C++). Do I
require to have a COM interface exposed from my exe application so that
Ruby can call the interface methods from out of process and execute the
test?
Are there any easier alternatives?

Please advice.

Regards,
George

  Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn

how. Yahoo Mail