-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Ruby 1.9.2 has been released. This is the newest release of Ruby 1.9
== About Ruby 1.9.2
Ruby 1.9.2 is mostly compatible with 1.9.1, except the
- Many new methods
- New socket API (IPv6 support)
- New encodings
- Random class that supports various random number generators
- Time is reimplemented. There is no longer the year 2038 problem.
- some regexp enhancements
- $: no longer includes the current directory.
- dl is reimplemented on top of libffi.
- new psych library that wraps libyaml. You can use the library instead
See [*1][*2] for more detail.
Ruby 1.9.2 passes over 99% of RubySpec [*3].
== Supported Platform
Ruby 1.9 has four support levels.
We verified that Ruby 1.9.2 works fine on it. And we can keep the
1.9.2 maintained on it.
- Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 on IA32.
We verified that Ruby 1.9.2 works mostly fine on them. And I believe
we can keep the 1.9.2 maintained on it.
- mswin32, x64-mswin64, mingw32
- MacOS X 10.5 (Intel) and 10.6
- FreeBSD 6 and later (amd64, IA32)
- Solaris 10
- Symbian OS
I think Ruby 1.9.2 works fine on them with small modification,
however, it is not verified. Patch is welcome.
- Other Linux distributions
- Other versions of MacOS X.
- AIX 5
- Other POSIX-compatible systems
- BeOS (Haiku)
I do not think Ruby 1.9.2 works on them. Porting is welcome.
- Any other systems
:The standard library is installed in /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.9.1
This version number is “library compatibility version”. Ruby 1.9.2 is
mostly compatible with the 1.9.2, so its library is installed in the
:It causes a LoadError
$: no longer includes the current directory. So some scripts need
modification to work correctly. Anyway, your script should not depend on
the current directory as well as possible.
SIZE: 8495472 bytes
SIZE: 10787899 bytes
SIZE: 12159728 bytes
- – Yuki S. (Yugui) email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----